Saturday, September 5, 2026

Urge for Going

 
I felt it two weeks ago. I don't even want to say it out loud just yet, particularly because it never felt like Summer actually started this year, even my plants seem to agree (at least I'm not the only one confused around here!), but now it's definitely happening. The first, sharp bite of Fall was in the early evening air a couple Sundays ago - the sun hadn't even gone all the way down yet. Overall, the atmosphere was still pleasant, and gentle, and warm, but that indisputable chill with each soft gust told the real story. It doesn't matter how hot it gets in the daytime from here on out, Fall is undeniably closing in. Even though it's my favorite season, I still don't want to admit that it's time to switch gears, and start preparing my list of pre-Winter outdoor chores. I probably still won't need to start them until much later, but it's definitely time to get familiar with what will need to get done before I slip into full hibernation mode. It's also time to check in with myself, and make sure I'm soaking up as much of the Sun as I possibly can.
 
Slow down. 
 
Savor. 
 
Remember.