Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Post of Many Colors

Much like Dolly's coat, my color deck is, uhm, slightly ghetto, but if you don't have the pressing need for a professional Pantone color swatch book, then this is the route for anyone who finds themselves eyeball deep in paint projects, especially if there's a certain brand you prefer.


However, I don't think I can take full credit for the idea of going to your local hardware store and swiping one of each paint sample, bringing them home, punching holes into the corners, and slipping them onto a ring. I swear I heard it on one of those do-it-yourself shows that you have on in the background while you're doing the dishes or something. Anyway, I found myself with the idea once again lately and thought I should give it a whirl. I hate having to head to the hardware store every time I want to brainstorm a color selection, and I really get annoyed when I'm trying to explain something and I don't have something visual with me to get the point across. I have a laundry list of other reasons, but the first two really were all I needed to get me motivated to put on my pink, newsy cap, and bug-eye sunglasses and make my way to Lowe's with my large purse.