Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh Make Me Over

Frankenstein is finally finished ... well for now at least, knowing the way I change my mind!  Why Frankenstein?  I admit, the name's still a work in progress, but I thought it fit today just thinking about scavenging for all her parts ... chicken wire from Dad's shop, a birdbath (or was it a feeder?) base from his wife, and countless other secret ingredients including a trip to the mistint counter at Lowe's.  Besides the fact that it's taken me months to get used to seeing her lurking in my dark house during a trip to the kitchen for some water in the middle of the night, and never mind the fact that my cat is terrified of her, but I think that had more to do with a laser pointer mishap (sorry kiki).

For those of you entertaining the idea of someday ever creating your own mannequin, don't.  Or if you do, I urge you not to do it the hard way like I did, and take a lesson from this cookie she knows what she's talking about.  If only I'd found her instructions at the beginning of my chicken wire mannequin affair instead of in the middle of it.  Perhaps once I psychologically recover I'll give it a try and make another one, but I'll not start holding my breath anytime soon, I actually want to be alive long enough to see this one get some use!