Monday, July 17, 2017

All Wrapped Up: Canvas People

A couple Seven years ago, I snapped one of my all-time favorite photographs on a beachy, mid-day stroll where (nearly) everything had come together perfectly, and quite accidentally.  All I knew was that the lowest tide of the year was coming up at some point, and I needed to get my toes into some cold saltwater as quickly as possible.  What I didn't know was that I'd have to trek nearly the length of a football field to get to said saltwater ... Never one to be easily discouraged, however, if even under the blistering sun back then, I cuffed my off-brand denim jeans from the men's department of my local one-stop-shop, and slogged out to the water's edge, flip-flops in one hand, borrowed digital camera in the other, and me ducking every now and again beneath the safety of the pier's shaded underbelly.
http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-4012340-12590055
What I found at the end, aside from the refreshing tingle of chilly Puget Sound waves lapping at my ankles, was totally worth it.  And now, thanks to a company I first patronized in 2011, I have it on an 18 x 24 canvas on my wall.  After many setbacks, and a pace so glacial it could drive a sane man to weep with madness, I'm finally catching up on my to-do list.  Thankfully the stars aligned, and Canvas People offered a 90% discount, and quick delivery to make up for all of my slack in this project!
It might need a gaudy frame...

And now, here it hangs above my uneven chairs in my crooked cottage (note to self: will rearranging chairs to go with the slope make them look even?)  Ah, the joys of renting a 100+ year old house sitting on an underground spring ... the baby earthquakes in the bay aren't exactly helping matters; before it's said and done, I might end up with a houseboat!

If you've got some goodies of your own you want to turn into masterpieces for your wall, place an order with Canvas People through August 22, 2017 and get 70% off your order + $4.99 shipping - gaudy frames, optional.