Friday, July 30, 2010

Things I Do While Waiting for Papier Mâché to Dry...

I totally pinched this idea from, well I can't remember now, but I do remember seeing glittered
clothes pins somewhere, and since no one's pictures satisfied my curiosity I decided I had to try it for myself.  I did learn, however, that putting a coat of corresponding paint on the top side of the pin pre-glitter makes a huge difference in the overall appearance.  I wasn't really in the mood to go through the process just to have mangy looking pins in the end.  I'd really like to find a clear coat to spray over the top that keeps the glitter from dusting off, but also keeps the integrity of the sparkle intact (yes, I just said integrity of the sparkle).

So what are these for then, since you can't exactly use them in your closet with them leaving behind glitter?  Well, they're for a message board ... just as soon as I spray paint the chicken wire, build, and paint the frame, attach the two, and affix with a hanging mechanism.  Anyway, it seemed like a good project to have on the back burner for those times when you're waiting for other projects to hurry up and DRY!

Let's see ... took some night pics.  I'm particularly proud of this little guy, he started off as a cutting this year, and has turned out to be the fluffiest geranium on my patio.  I finally figured out this whole cutting situation, you know after killing each one I tried to start last year.

Last, but not least I got my frame put together for doing up some batches of hand made recycled paper.  I've heard frame building is a lot like character building, only different.  All I can say is, god, I hope not.  I put together, took apart, put together, took apart, and finally put it back together and it's still a bit rickety in the end.  Maybe it's more like character building than I thought.

xoxo